Yes, I’m A Critic Of The Minister; I’ve Nothing Personal Against Him, I Don’t Even Know Him- Ireti Kingibe
Senator Ireti Kingibe has said her criticism of the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, is based on her concern for the people of Abuja and not because of any personal disagreement with him.
Speaking during an interview on Channels Television, Kingibe raised concerns about the development of green areas and parks in Abuja.
She specifically mentioned Jabi Park, where she said construction was taking place. According to her, if the park was not in good condition, the better solution would have been to improve it by planting more trees and making the area more attractive.
Kingibe also said some areas originally meant for parks and other green spaces had been used for construction. She recalled that Abuja once had a nursery that supplied trees and plants for the city’s parks, but said the nursery had also been built on.
The senator argued that such developments could reduce the green spaces that were planned for Abuja.
She stressed that her concerns were not personal, saying she was only criticising the FCT minister because she believed it was in the interest of residents of the capital.
Kingibe added that she had nothing against Wike personally and did not even know him.
In his words, “Yes, I’m a critic of the minister, but I’m only a critic of a minister in the interests of the people of the FCT. I have nothing personal against him. I don’t even know him.”

Comments
Post a Comment