Rivers PDP cracks widened as Fubara shuns Wike-backed State Congress


Barely one week after the peace mission of the Board of Trustees, BoT, of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, led by its chairman, Senator Adolphus Wabara to resolve the lingering crisis in the Rivers state chapter of the party, the cracks dividing principal officers of the major opposition party appears to have widened.


This was as the state Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, his deputy, Professor Ngozi Odu and the three members of the state House of Assembly were conspicuously absent at the state congress of the party in Port Harcourt on Saturday.


The congress which was supervised by the representatives of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, led by the state resident electoral commissioner, REC, the representatives of the security agencies and the national working committee, NWC, of the PDP also had the Minister of the federal capital territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike in attendance.


Speaking at the event, Wike said he could cause a crisis in any state if its governor wanted to interfere in the political affairs of Rivers state.


“If the governor said he does not want us, will you kill yourself? Will you run away from the party you built? We are the party members and we have taken over our party. The way we did it, how we did it in 2023, the same God will be with us in 2027.


“Let nobody be intimated. I know how it is, the way you had worked hard at the end of the day you are pushed away. I know how bad you feel. But again, it is not every business you enter into that you make a profit. See this one as one of those businesses that you invested and you lost. But that will not make you not continue to work hard to invest in future and make your profit.


“They said we are finished. They are finished. Let me assure all of you that not when we live that anybody will take the structure of this party away from us. I hear that some governors said they will take the structure of the party and give it to somebody.


“I pity those governors because I will put fire in their state. When God has given you peace, you said you don’t want peace. Then whatever you see you take. I hear they made some money from this signature bonus and as such they want to put a hand in my state. Prepare to take whatever you see because I have the capacity.


“I can do the same thing in your state. Whether you are from Bauchi, I don’t give a damn. Your hands will get burnt. You will never sleep in your state. You will see the political crisis in your state. When I start don’t say I am the one destroying PDP.


“I hear these unstable characters we know that they are joining APP. Let them wait, when it is the time let them face us. They thought I would come to beg them. Let them go and see what is happening in Abuja. If today I say I will move to another party, it will be a Tsunami. We have said I will remain in PDP”,


The Congress produced Chief Chukuemeka Aaron as the state chairman of the PDP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog