Diezani is the only woman who excelled in corruption – T.Y. Danjuma
Former Nigerian Chief of Army Staff Theophilus Danjuma stated on Tuesday that Diezani Alison-Madueke, a former petroleum minister, is the only Nigerian woman who has excelled in corruption.
Danjuma, speaking in Enugu State during the opening of the Goodwill Medical Centre (GMC) at Umuchigbo, Iji Nike in the Enugu East Local Government Area, stated that Diezani set a record that has yet to be broken.
He said, “I used to say that if you want anything properly done and deliver on time without any excuses, give the job to a woman, until we had a female minister of petroleum. That woman excelled in corruption. She set a record that is yet to be beaten by anybody
So, I was in the process of reviewing that my statement when I met one lady, Prof. Uche Amazigo. Uche and I have come a very long way. My first encounter with Uche was around mid-October 2010 when she, accompanied by Mrs. Franca Ilamiji, another Igbo woman.”
He said Prof Amazigo made him believe again that women remain the most trusted people to prudently manage public funds.
Recall that Diezani has been having series of run-ins with the law since 2015 after leaving office as minister.
It had also been reported that the former Minister’s latest in her ongoing trial was over an alleged £100,000 bribe offer being prosecuted by the British authorities

Comments
Post a Comment